‘People don’t read” is the message we hear, or they don’t read magazines and newspapers as they used to. They read snippets or bytes creating a challenge to encourage deeper reflection on relevant issues, like 22 APRIL – EARTH DAY building mercy to creation into Divine Mercy reflection.
- PUBLICATIONS. For MARFAM resources see below
- LOCAL CATHOLIC PUBLICATIONS. World Wide – Comboni, TREFOIL, SOUTHERN CROSS, various ARCHDIOCESAN NEWSPAPERS, all in print or digital form. Revival of UmAfrika in Zulu.
- Organisational, diocesan, parish or group Websites, facebook, whats-app.
- Radio Veritas, radio, website and facebook.
- INTERNATIONAL. Zenit news from Rome. CANAA – news from Africa. National Catholic Reporter, Catholic News Agency and many more to suit different tastes and inclinations.
- Inspirational. Aleteia.
- 1917-2017 Fatima centenary celebrations on and around 13 May are taken place in many centres and by many groups
- 15 May. International Day of Families. visit https://www.un.org/development/desa/family/international-day-of-families/idf2017.html
- The Foundation for the Person and the Family “Christopher West will be visiting South Africa this year in September! Christopher West is the most popular proclaimer of the Theology of the Body in the English speaking world today. For details of his visit and seminars around the country visit https://theologyofthebody.org.za. Early bird tickets expiring end April!
- Waacsa Gauteng (6 May): Paddy Kearney on Denis Hurley: Insights from Selected Letters 1923 – 2004 – Rosebank Catholic Church RSVP by 4 May. As a matter of interest, Paddy will receive St Augustine College’s Bonum Commune award for 2017 at the graduation ceremony on Friday 5 May (equivalent to an honorary Doctorate).
- Family Life Centre, Johannesburg Parenting courses in May. Parenting Teens and Tweens. Toddler Taming, Anger Management. Book :email@example.com or phone 011 788 4784 (mornings) Visit www.familylife.co.za
- Family Parenting conference for professionals. 16-17 May Cape Town